Sunday, April 8, 2007

Kurt Hughes...A funny Guy!




I still want to build a silly trimaran... so I/m gathering as much info as I can.. even though at the moment I think the rate determining step is the rig... I want to find one cheap. So I go onto a multihull forum and ask about rigs... And Kurt himself answers my question!! And he was funny to boot!!

here is what I posted...

"I stumbled across a freeware program on the carlson plotter website that
crunches the number for wood masts. What are people doing for rigs when they build their boats? I was hoping to get a hobie 21 rig for my Kurt hughes 23' tri... but i can't seem to find a used boat at the moment...What do guys do when they can't use a hobie rig? like on a 26' kurt Hughes tri for example...How much does the rig cost?"

and this is what he said...

"you hang around after a race, after a front comes through. Have a couple of hundred dollars in your pocket and a hack saw.
I just use excel spreadsheets for mast number crunching."

Kurt


That guy is Awesome!!!! You know what they say about silly questions....

No comments: