Thursday, April 5, 2007

Sailing Record Broken!




The crazy french foiling trimaran broke 2 world records! Congrats you french guys! You french guys are the best! I love french fries, french dressing, french wine, french bread, berets...Who doesn't own a beret? I think chef boyardee is french. I don't get the iffel tower... now that we have cable... who needs an antenna that big? I suppose it worked great in the olden days!

The thing is, I never imagined the fastest sailors in the world would wear berets and have pointy mustaches. What happened to the maverick Americans? I feel as though the spirit of self reliance and progress forged from raging against the grain has been lost. Now people are giving cash prizes to encourage people to do what they used to do just because there was joy in following through on a crazy idea. I feel like the world has beaten that out of our collective personality. Why?

The new 10,000,000 prize will be awarded to the first guy that can build a car that can get a car to get 100 miles per gallon. The model T could get 25 miles to the gallon... Why hasn't this egg been cracked already?

My dream car is a 71 cuda convertible that runs on water.... I was going to call it the hydro cuda. They have had cars running on water since 1934.

Today's breakthrough was yesterday's crazy idea. We should revere crazy! The more crazy we can muster the more we can breakthrough! I'm sick of living in this paper bag! I'm gonna crazy my way out!

3 comments:

EVK4 said...

Believe it or not,I've watched an entire biography on Chef Boyardee and am sad to note that he's Italian...real name: Ettore Boiardi.

My Dad has a theory that the French are the leaders in solo distance sailing for the sole reason that nobody wants to be on board with them. But he's a Drake and Admiral Nelson fanboy so his opinion can be discounted to some degree.

EVK4 said...

Believe it or not,I've watched an entire biography on Chef Boyardee and am sad to note that he's Italian...real name: Ettore Boiardi.

My Dad has a theory that the French are the leaders in solo distance sailing for the sole reason that nobody wants to be on board with them. But he's a Drake and Admiral Nelson fanboy so his opinion can be discounted to some degree.

"Raps" said...

Thanks EVK,

i wasn't sure about the chef.... Well, at least he has that Italian stallion thing going for him!