Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Second interview?




Hmmm...

I went to this place for an interview. I wore my lucky bow-tie. I looked fabtastic! And I think the interview went well. It is a smaller plastics firm owned by an Italian guy.. So now they want to set up a second interview. Did they want to ask me more questions?

Shouldn't they have just asked them in the first interview? ... I really liked the glimpse into the corporate culture... I was impressed with the casual - yet entrepreneurial features of the position. The company grew from 8 to 90 employees in 9 years and is expected to double their sales by the end of the year. (over 100 million) That, in my mind, allows for plenty of opportunity for personal professional growth.

Plus I really dig working with polymers. I have been learning about polymers on the side because I'm interested in building boats. I love data analysis... DOEs are the backbone of polymer research... and they need a DOE dude... so that six sigma black-belt thingy will really serve me well. I'm hopeful about this one...

2 comments:

EVK4 said...

Good luck with it. If you're half as talented of a chemist as you are funny, then you're a shoo-in.

Tillerman said...

A second interview is a bit like a second date. If both the parties still like each other at the end of it... the union may well be consummated.

Good luck!