Thursday, May 10, 2007

Rapscallion takes a course in sensitivity.



I was asked to not mention an affiliation on my blog recently, and out of the utmost respect for that group I will honor that request. It may be difficult at times however, because the whole purpose of this blog was to discuss the common interest of the aforementioned but now unmentionable affiliation.

I have reread my past posts concerning the unmentionable affiliation paying particular attention to the point of view of the party from which this request originated, and I can not see what he or anyone else would be upset about. But that is not the point.

It's funny though; the source of most of my concerns concerning my expressed or implied opinions of this affiliation really had nothing to do with the party that took offense. And apparently this tidbit of information was unknown to the hard working peeps that are sensitive to the portrayal of my opinions and imagination.... and when I say imagination I'm really stretching it... All anyone has to do is simply read a post or two and realize 99% of the content is hyperbole. And the rest is a unique blend of raillery, banter and persiflage.

So, the only course of action I can see moving forward would be to censor my posts to ensure the exclusion of the name of the now unmentionable name of the affiliation to which I can not refer to forthwith...

1 comment:

John Ross said...

SHUT UP AND SIT IN THE CORNER! BAD DOG! Maybe you need to take up mind melting like Spock, "Your thoughts into my thoughts" Your predilection is now the only reality you will know.
The Vulcan mind meld as you know is a psionic technique for "synaptic pattern displacement" normally employed only by Vulcans. It is a deeply personal thing, part of the private life, and not normally used on aliens or the Raps. Melding is not telepathy; those in a meld share consciousness in a kind of gestalt.
But, as your Dad you never did know how to keep quite, glad you have pickup a little sensitivity!