Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A cautionary tale with a brighter side


Well, the sailing this year has been mostly single handed. I can fly a spinnaker single handed.... the set, Jibe and douse... The dousing sock helps. With a bit of practice, I hope to be ready for a wed race in August.

I was pacing myself against another Laser 28 this Sunday, and I was pretty slow upwind... I'm gonna have to do a VPP chart for the boat when it is "light" on crew.

some guy said I should just train some monkeys! I love monkeys! But then I realized that he was just joking... he didn't think a monkey could do it.

Monkeys are smart! They beat us to space!

SPACE MONKEY!


so what is the brighter side? and what is the caution?

look at the last post.... it's a spitten image of the world's first skipper of a sailing monkey crew...

1 comment:

EVK4 said...

Pros for the all-monkey crew:
1. They can climb the rig when that spinnaker sock jams
2. They won't drink all your beer
3. They can scramble rail to rail quickly

Cons for the all-monkey crew:
1. They eat bananas, bananas are bad luck
2. They fling their own feces
3. They are notoriously disloyal and will jump boats at the drop of a hat