Monday, December 17, 2007

Pushing the rope

I recently heard during a recent feng shui consultation that it is unwise to attempt to push a rope. Although I understand the nature of the metaphor in the wise man on top of the mountain sense I had to tehe to myself. Obviously this person was not a sailor. Remembered back to the day after thanksgiving this year like it was only a month ago. It was cold that day and my boat was still in the water - it was the last boat in the water here in Sheboygan. (that is a funny story too... but I digress) I had to sail her to Manitowoc in order to get her out of the water. The deck was covered in snow and it was sunny with the winds out of the west (my favorite). It was a great time! Just me and the gnome - on our way to a bittersweet end of an era. I had to bust through some ice in order to make it out to the lake. But after I made it to open sea I felt free. Free from the windmills and the toothbrushes. It was a long awaited relief; the kind of relief that an animal feels after chewing it's own leg off to escape a bear trap.

Rapscallion is for sale now on Sailing Anarchy. I don't want to sell her to a local. She needs to move on, for obvious reasons. Who says you can't push a rope, you just have to freeze it first, right gnomie?

It will be tough to see her go, but the multihulls are calling. More on that later.

1 comment:

EVK4 said...

Welcome back to the blogging world. If you build a tri make sure it's yellow.