Saturday, January 5, 2008

olden days





This photo is of Nate Hershyoff's catamaran. He likes to go fast when he sailed. Well, when he was alive that is, or was. But the people in the olden days didn't like multihulls once they saw how fast they were; so they banned them from all of the fancy pants regattas. And they had some fancy pants in the olden days. I always liked pantaloons.

Nate went back to monohulls - he designed some winning America's cup yachts after his multihull days came to an end. It was all about the fancy pants I guess. I can't wear pants until monday - after the stint is removed. I think I'm gonna celebrate by wearing a pair of pantaloons. You really can find everything on ebay.

The Laser 28 is still for sale. I already have seller's remorse. But the little laser looks great! I can't wait to race that little puppy. I wonder what kind of pants you win in a laser regatta?

2 comments:

EVK4 said...

maybe not just pants but a pantsuit. Or leiderhosen...just to mess with the dutch up there.

"Raps" said...

Well, in the defense of the dutch, they do believe in Santa. But in the olden days Dutch stories of Santa - slaves helped him deliver all of the presents. See, the Dutch can't be all bad if they believe in santa.