Sunday, March 25, 2007

Fishing for Sharks





My wife got into a car accident recently; and we have decided to look into a personal injury lawyer. She suffers from chronic pain; some of her bones are not shaped the way they are supposed to be shaped. She used to take Methadone for the pain - they rub together in a not so cuddly way. Since the accident she has been worse, and frankly I'm a bit upset about it. It is hard to watch someone you care about suffer. I can't do anything about it, and that also is difficult to accept. I do my best to make her laugh as much as i can, but I'm running out of material. And the bills are going to start to pile up.... It's not that I don't trust lawyers... It's just that I can't stand the thought of giving a guy 40% plus of a settlement that is supposed to take care of ALI. I just can't swallow that. I want that lawyer to be with Ali when she can't sleep, and when she can't walk through Home depot cause she suddenly can't walk anymore. He would just walk away, cash a check and forget about it. It's not right.
So, how much sailing do you think we will do? How much of anything? There is nothing I want more than for her to get better. That is what I'm hoping for more than anything.

No comments: