Monday, April 9, 2007

Dear old dad




Here is a shot of my dad feverishly racing down wind. I believe he is about to overtake the neighbor kid for a decisive win! He looks young for his age? He is gonna turn the big 60 this year! And he won't give up the laser for anything! Many of his friends have moved on to shuffleboard and pushing up daises but not dad! He likes that laser too much! Notice the mustache... That is the mustache of a firefighter! (retired firefighter anyway)

I just set up a blog for him; to chronicle his work stuff and hopefully his sailing....

www.RossDesigns.blogspot.com

So help me out and welcome ole JR to the blog world!

2 comments:

Tillerman said...

Geeze - at 60 he is just getting into his stride as a Laser Master sailor. He shouldn't even consider giving it up for another 20 years at least.

As it says on my blog... Cheat the nursing home. Die on your Laser.

"Raps" said...

There is no doubt the laser has helped him hone his skills as a sailor. I just like to tease him about giving it up because of his age. Most of the guys at my current club gave up the lasers just after they turned 30 or so.