Monday, May 26, 2008

Well, almost ready to launch

I have been working on Rapscallion for several days now, getting her ready to launch. I buffed the hull, (she is very shiny!) painted the mast, and I'm in the middle of redoing the sail drive exhaust. The original muffler was plastic, and over time it must have gotten a bit warm and developed a leak. I had a stainless steel muffler custom made (shiny!) I hope to put it in tomorrow.

I'm going to paint the deck and interior this year, and replace all of the non-structural wood with carbon fiber composite panel. I found I can get really cheap carbon fiber through work... BIG SCORE! According to my calculations it should shave a few pounds off... Rapscallion is on a diet. As long as I own her I'm going to have to race her. There are a couple of Regattas I can enter locally, that should be fun.

The Gnome is getting excited! I'm working on Dramimine for a sponsorship.

No comments: