Saturday, June 14, 2008

SPLASH!

Rapscallion is in the water! Just in time too, The flood is still flooding. Water is on the rise and rain is raining a lot. I fixed the muffler on the Bukh motor. The original one had a hole in it and it was leaking exhaust into the cabin... stinky Danish motor! A new one was over 1000 with shipping - I could free a lot of gnomes from home depot with that kind of dablomms... A local gotee guy said I should just take the old one to a muffler shop and have him make a new one. This seemed to be a better idea than making one out of mashed potatoes so I did just that.. (I took it to the shop I mean..and I saved the mashed potatoes for dinner) The muffler guy made a new one for 70 dollars and it works better than the old one! Thank you gotee guy!

I'm going to work on her a bit today. I'm going to paint the deck, replace all of the non structural wood with lighter carbon composite panels and replace a couple of bad ropes.

Once all of the things are done I'm gonna put her on Craig's list. Cause the secret boat built in the area next to area 51 will be ready!

No comments: