Friday, April 6, 2007

Good Friday......

I think All fridays are good; not just this one. But today was spent with family, my nephew, brother, and parents were celebrating 3 birthdays at once. Efficient. I got my brother a dancing gnome, and my mom recieved a Orchid. My nephew (1 year old) got some really cool toys. I thought Ali got them for me... I was kinda bummed to see them go. Evan will share, so that is good. My brother is buying a Melges 17. Right now he is racing a Laser. He has some good sailors in his neck of the water. He races against Olympic Medalists and Guys who Won the J22 worlds in the not too distant past. Lars... What a perfect name. I wish I could change my name to Lars. Thor is good too. Vikings were the best! You know a sailor named Lars has to be good! Kinda like Smuckers.... I guess.

The wolves are at bay for the moment, but the future at this point is uncertain. I have to stay focused. I'm looking into PhD programs, in case nothing pans out by the end of the summer. I am beginnning to feel a hint of urgency, like a hungry hunter who hasn't seen movement in the grass for days.

My wife pointed out that we probably won't be able to have kids if I go back to school.... Timing is the issue there. She can't work and be a mom. She doesn't have the physical energy. That may be a moot point because of the accident. I think she can work her way out of it, but at the moment she is in rough shape. My job is to keep the Gnomes dancing and to keep the house clean..... and to hopefully figure out a way to earn a living.

No comments: